Message Boards

Guidelines
  • 1) Before posting a message, please be sure you are in the appropriate category.
  • 2) No advertising is allowed on HGTVPro's Message Boards.
  • 3) Off-topic and off-color postings will be deleted at our discretion.
  • 4) Please be nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • 5) Posts containing certain words will trigger moderation of the post, whether words are contained in the post or in the signature line. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are TOTALLY off the topic covered by HGTVPro.
    boards.hgtvremodels.com    HGTVRemodels Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Trades and Specialties  Hop To Forums  Flooring    Removing carpet, carpet glue and installing ceramic tile on cement floor
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Removing carpet, carpet glue and installing ceramic tile on cement floor
 Login/Join 
Picture of Seascape
posted
I am removing old carpet in a sunroom enclosed with screens. The carpet is glued down and I would like to know: one, after I remove the carpet, what is the best tool/glue remover to remove the old glue from the cement; two, do I need to use a floor leveler before laying tile; three, can I just put the ceramic tile down onto the cement and if so, is their a specific thinset that I should use for this process?

Posts: 2 | Location: Homosassa, Florida | Registered: 10 July 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go for chemical removers, it would take less hardwork.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 03 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can try the white vinegar and baking soda solution or the dish washing detergent to remove the carpet glue.. One of my friend advised me this.. For more information, view this site http://www.nourisonhospitality.com

Posts: 1 | Registered: 21 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post