1) Before posting a message, please be sure you are in the appropriate category.
2) No advertising is allowed on HGTVPro's Message Boards.
3) Off-topic and off-color postings will be deleted at our discretion.
4) Please be nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
5) Posts containing certain words will trigger moderation of the post, whether words are contained in the post or in the signature line. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are TOTALLY off the topic covered by HGTVPro.
HGTVRemodels fans: Beginning November 4, the Message Boards will no longer be a feature of HGTVRemodels.com. You can still join the conversation and connect with fellow fans on our Facebook page. Just visit Facebook.com/HGTVRemodels to get started. Thank you for making this community a rewarding and inspiring experience for so many years.
My house was resided when the previous owner was living in it! The siding was not installed properly and is now rotting! Has anyone used the t11 look alike by Handy board! I mirrors the existing siding and I think it would hold up better than wood siding ! any Pros or cons to its use?
Handy board??? Do you mean Hardi board? If so, you should look at the Hardiplank Installation Instructions to familiarize yourself with all the nuances, such as handling, fastening, and cutting methods. I haven't heard one thing bad about the product and being a pre-painted fiber cement product, it should hold up for a long long time.