Message Boards

Guidelines
  • 1) Before posting a message, please be sure you are in the appropriate category.
  • 2) No advertising is allowed on HGTVPro's Message Boards.
  • 3) Off-topic and off-color postings will be deleted at our discretion.
  • 4) Please be nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • 5) Posts containing certain words will trigger moderation of the post, whether words are contained in the post or in the signature line. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are TOTALLY off the topic covered by HGTVPro.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pella Architect (850 series at Lowes)
 Login/Join 
posted
Hi,
My wife and I are replacing all the windows in our 26 year old house. We've been to Lowe's and done our research (we think) and, based on the custom sizes of our windows) are going to probably go with Pella Architect (850) series at Lowes.
They've got $99 installation and the installer has a very good reputation in our town.
We're told that pocket replacement is our best option, since we've got 26 year old cement fiberboard siding and the install would be much more complicated with whole replacement windows.
They're not cheap. Our largest windows are 39inches by 65 inches (don't know the exact measurements).
For 13 windows, including a 4ft x 6 ft fixed picture window between two double hungs in the kitchen, it's going to be around $8K including installation.
We want the argon filled glass w/ solar reflective surface to ensure we get the $1500 rebate from Uncle Barack.
Any suggestions or eye openers for us?
Thanks,

Posts: 1 | Registered: 10 July 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How did your windows work out. I am getting ready to have all 18 windows in our home replaced with Pella 850 windows. $13000.00 investment. Also looking at Lowes to do the install.

Posts: 1 | Registered: 25 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elroyy:
Hi,
My wife and I are replacing all the windows in our 26 year old house. We've been to Lowe's and done our research (we think) and, based on the custom sizes of our windows) are going to probably go with Pella Architect (850) series at Lowes.
They've got $99 installation and the installer has a very good reputation in our town.
We're told that pocket replacement is our best option, since we've got 26 year old cement fiberboard siding and the install would be much more complicated with whole replacement windows.
They're not cheap. Our largest windows are 39inches by 65 inches (don't know the exact measurements).
For 13 windows, including a 4ft x 6 ft fixed picture window between two double hungs in the kitchen, it's going to be around $8K including installation.
We want the argon filled glass w/ solar reflective surface to ensure we get the $1500 rebate from Uncle Barack.
Thanks,

Posts: 2 | Registered: 25 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elroyy:
Hi,
Thanks,

How are the windows working out. I am going to buy 22 850 renovation doublehung windows 14999.00 instauled from Lowes

Posts: 2 | Registered: 25 April 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hoping the OP replies -- I too need 18 windows, including 4 that are about 36x64, and am strongly leaning toward these Pella ones.

Posts: 2 | Registered: 07 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Zoologist what information do you need?

Posts: 1933 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post