Message Boards

Guidelines
  • 1) Before posting a message, please be sure you are in the appropriate category.
  • 2) No advertising is allowed on HGTVPro's Message Boards.
  • 3) Off-topic and off-color postings will be deleted at our discretion.
  • 4) Please be nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • 5) Posts containing certain words will trigger moderation of the post, whether words are contained in the post or in the signature line. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are TOTALLY off the topic covered by HGTVPro.
HGTVRemodels fans: Beginning November 4, the Message Boards will no longer be a feature of HGTVRemodels.com. You can still join the conversation and connect with fellow fans on our Facebook page. Just visit Facebook.com/HGTVRemodels to get started. Thank you for making this community a rewarding and inspiring experience for so many years.

boards.hgtvremodels.com    HGTVRemodels Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Best Practices  Hop To Forums  Foundation    Post Tension Slab vs Post Tension Slab on Piers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Post Tension Slab vs Post Tension Slab on Piers
 Login/Join 
posted
Hello all,

I live in the Dallas area and am in the process of looking at homes. Here builders build homes using both post-tension slab foundations and post-tension slab foundation on piers.

My question is this: Which one is better and does it really make a difference? Would anyone reading this question pass on a house just because it was built on post-tension slab NOT on piers? And how long of a warranty would someone want on such a foundation?

Thanks.

Dave

Posts: 1 | Registered: 24 December 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it depends on the soil is build on

Posts: 5 | Registered: 11 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post