Message Boards

Guidelines
  • 1) Before posting a message, please be sure you are in the appropriate category.
  • 2) No advertising is allowed on HGTVPro's Message Boards.
  • 3) Off-topic and off-color postings will be deleted at our discretion.
  • 4) Please be nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • 5) Posts containing certain words will trigger moderation of the post, whether words are contained in the post or in the signature line. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are TOTALLY off the topic covered by HGTVPro.
    boards.hgtvremodels.com    HGTVRemodels Message Boards  Hop To Forum Categories  Best Practices  Hop To Forums  Foundation    problem with stained concrete floor
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

problem with stained concrete floor
 Login/Join 
posted
I hope someone can help. i've asked numerous ppl and nobody has any ideas (well maybe ideas i want to hear Razzer ) here's the issue: We built a small winter home in SW AZ. the concrete floor was to be the finished floor and i would stain and seal. One half the floor seemed fine but the 2nd half got rain before it could set up properly and we had to cover it. it consequently would dust on the surface and no matter how much it was washed, continued to dust. I ended up tiling the bathroom. this part of the floor would NOT take the Kemiko acid stain i applied. looked washed out and some would not react at all. looks crappy and i don't know what to do with it. i really don't want to tile all of it nor do i want to move out to fix the problem. we cut grooves and grouted the,m for a large tile look. i will post a second post to explain the issue with the "good" half the floor. looking forward to your help, folks!

Posts: 2 | Registered: 09 September 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post