1) Before posting a message, please be sure you are in the appropriate category.
2) No advertising is allowed on HGTVPro's Message Boards.
3) Off-topic and off-color postings will be deleted at our discretion.
4) Please be nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
5) Posts containing certain words will trigger moderation of the post, whether words are contained in the post or in the signature line. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are TOTALLY off the topic covered by HGTVPro.
HGTVRemodels fans: Beginning November 4, the Message Boards will no longer be a feature of HGTVRemodels.com. You can still join the conversation and connect with fellow fans on our Facebook page. Just visit Facebook.com/HGTVRemodels to get started. Thank you for making this community a rewarding and inspiring experience for so many years.
DOES ANYONE HAVE OR KNOW THAT HAS PREFABRICATED WALL SYSTEM IN THEIR BASEMENT. IT IS AFAIRLY NEW PRODUCT. CAN YOU BUY IT YOURSELF AND INSTALL OR IS IT ONLY PROFESSIONLY INSTALLED? WHAT ARE THE PROS AND CONS COMPARED TO FRAME&DRY WALL FOR AFINISHED BASEMENT/
Originally posted by AJLPN: DOES ANYONE HAVE OR KNOW THAT HAS PREFABRICATED WALL SYSTEM IN THEIR BASEMENT? IT IS a FAIRLY NEW PRODUCT. CAN YOU BUY IT YOURSELF AND INSTALL OR IS IT ONLY PROFESSIONLY INSTALLED? WHAT ARE THE PROS AND CONS COMPARED TO FRAME&DRY WALL FOR A FINISHED BASEMENT/
I have seen these products at many home shows. and have also removed many of them because the basement flooded and the walls became damaged.
Its a good product if you know you do not have any moisture or water issues. And if you want a fast install. But you do need them to install as I know of no company that will sell you the material only to put in. Expensive as well.
Posts: 1933 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 31 January 2006